2012-12-09

Minor Project Supporting Statement


This is a guidebook for overseas students in London. Not as ordinary guidebooks, this book is for students who are from foreign countries, especially from Taiwan or China. It includes 12 postcards with different illustrations. I choose the postcard format is because people in my country love to send postcards back to their friends when they are traveling. Even some friends will ask for a postcard instead of souvenir. Postcards play an important role in communication for long distance traveling. I use 12 postcards to construct the mental state that I have already been here for 12 months, Rolling back in my mind what made me feel special when I first came to this country, and what culture shock strike me and how I avoid homesick. I drew the illustrations of different circumstances, Such as living, food, culture, entertainment, etc. Each illustration has one topic, and I try to sketch how London looks like in my eye. In regards to what British people get used to but strange for foreigners, for instance, for British people, they may never realize that they have so many different coins. Traffic as well, people from right-hand traffic country are confused when they cross the street. I also drew some key stuff for overseas students like sim card, Internet and food. These are linking bridge to where we came from and affectional connection to our hometown.

No comments:

Post a Comment